These Apple Turnovers (Appelflappen) are a classic Dutch treat. Fluffy puff pastry filled with apples and raisins coated in delicious cinnamon sugar.
Apple Turnovers (Appelflappen
- January 19, 2020
- 40 min
- Print this
- 2 Elstar apples
- 50gr raisins
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 8 sheets of frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Cinnamon sugar
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/392°F. Peel the apples and cut in small dices.
- Step 2
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, and raisins to the diced apples, mix thoroughly.
- Step 3
- Fill the puff pastry sheets halfway so you can still fold it on itself. From one corner, fold the pastry towards the opposite corner.
- Step 4
- Make sure the corners are completely sealed. This can be done by using a fork to press the fold together.
- Step 5
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl and cover the pastries with the egg mixture to ensure a golden brown color.
- Step 6
- Sprinkle the pastries with cinnamon sugar and place it in the preheated oven.
- Step 7
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Looking for another delicious snack that can also be used as a condiment for soups. Check out our easy Cheesy Garlic Bread.