This Asian Chicken Noodle Soup can be made with or without noodles. If you serve this soup without noodles it is ideal as a little snack during the day or as a starter for a dinner.
Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- January 20, 2020
- 45 min
- Print this
- 400gr Chicken breast
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 large onions, chopped
- Thumb size piece of ginger, grated
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, sliced in rings
- 2 red chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 Bunch of spring onion, chopped
- 2 Limes
- 2 liter chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 300gr wok noodles
- Neutral oil
- Step 1
- Cut the chicken breast in bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Step 2
- Heat a soup pan on medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of neutral oil when the pan is up to temperature and add the onion, garlic, ginger, and chilies. Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Step 3
- Add the chicken stock together with the cubed chicken and lemongrass.
- Step 4
- Bring to a boil, turn down the lid and simmer with the lid on for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Step 5
- Meanwhile, boil 2 liters of water in another pan and cook the wok noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- Step 6
- This is where this dish comes together. Add the spring onion to the soup (leave some behind for garnishing) and season with soy sauce and fish sauce. Seasoning can vary so make sure you taste the soup.
- Step 7
- Divide the noodles over the bowls and pour over the soup. Serve the soup with lemon wedges and sprinkle over some leftover spring onion.
Looking for another soup recipe? Check out our page on soups.