These typical dutch Cheese Sticks (Kaasstengels) are perfect as a little snack! An easy recipe to make in a pinch.
Cheese Sticks (Kaasstengels)
- January 17, 2021
- 30 min
- Print this
- 1 roll of fresh puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 100gr cheese, suited for melting (gouda, cheddar)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 200℃/390°F.
- Step 2
- Cut long strokes of the puff pastry.
- Step 3
- Beat the egg and brush on the strokes of puff pastry
- Step 4
- Sprinkle the Italian herbs on the strokes and fold and twist 2 strokes into each other. They will stick together because of the egg mixture
- Step 5
- Place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and sprinkle over the cheese and sesame seeds.
- Step 6
- Place in the oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Want to bake something else? Try our quick and easy banana pancakes!