Chicken risotto with tomatoes and basil is based on the classic Italian risotto and easy to make if you know how to make a classic risotto. This recipe will guide you through the process of preparing a delicious risotto.
Chicken Risotto with Cherry Tomatoes and Basil
- January 6, 2020
- 40 min
- Print this
- 1.2 liters chicken stock
- 400gr chicken breast, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 400gr risotto rice
- 2 glasses dry white wine (sauvignon blanc)
- 100gr parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- Handful of basil
- 150 gram cherry tomatoes, halved
- Step 1
- Heat the stock in a saucepan.
- Step 2
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a separate pan on medium heat. Cook the chicken breast for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Step 3
- Add the risotto rice and keep stirring. After about a minute the rice will look a little translucent, at this point, add the wine.
- Step 4
- When the wine has cooked down add your first ladle of hot chicken stock and turn down the heat to low. Keep adding ladles of stock and keep stirring the risotto. Add a ladleful every time the previous ladleful has cooked out.
- Step 5
- After 15 minutes, tear the basil and add to the risotto together with the cherry tomatoes.
- Step 6
- Let this heat through for about five minutes adding stock when necessary. Taste the rice to see whether it is cooked through.
- Step 7
- When it is cooked through, turn down the heat, add the parmesan and a tablespoon of olive oil and stir through.
- Step 8
- Put the lid on the pan and leave for 2 minutes, this will make your risotto even creamier.
- Step 9
- Serve the risotto with fresh basil leaves and a grating of parmesan.