These Christmas Cookies (Gingerbread Cookies) are delicious and fun to make. An easy recipe with only a few ingredients and fun to decorate!
Christmas Cookies (Gingerbread Cookies)
- December 12, 2020
- 30 min
- Print this
- 450gr flour
- 225gr unsalted butter
- 175gr white caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tbs ginger powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Step 1
- Mix the butter and sugar together until a smooth mixture.
- Step 2
- Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Step 3
- Put in the flour and the spices, mix well until everything is combined (use a kitchen machine, otherwise, you need to knead with your hands at the end).
- Step 4
- Make a square out of the dough and put it in the fridge for a few hours.
- Step 5
- Get the dough out of the fridge and preheat the oven to 180℃/356°F. Prepare an oven tray by covering it with baking paper.
- Step 6
- Shortly knead the dough and roll out till it is about ½ cm thick and stick out the cookies.
- Step 7
- Place the cookies in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes and a perfect cookie will greet you.
- Step 8
- Get the cookies out of the oven and let them cool before you decorate them.
- Step 9
- After letting them cool, you can decorate them with homemade royal icing or supermarket bought icing.
Feel like baking some more? Try our classic Dutch Boterkoek Recipe!