This is how to make the best Guacamole! Perfect as a side dish with a delicious Chili Con Carne or just with a large bag of tortilla chips and salsa.
How to make Guacamole
- February 15, 2020
- Print this
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 15gr cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 3 ripe avocados
- Step 1
- Halve the avocados and remove the pit. Remove the flesh from the skin with a spoon.
- Step 2
- Grab a fork and make the avocado as fine or chunky as you like.
- Step 3
- Add the onion, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, garlic, and the juice of 1 lime to the avocados and mix together.
- Step 4
- Add a pinch of salt and check for seasoning. Adjust when necessary.
How to keep your guacamole fresh and green for up to 2 days:
A little trick I always use to make sure my Guacamole stays fresh and green is to place it in an airtight container and push it down to make sure there are no air bubbles in there.
Cover it with about a centimeter of water and cover that up with some cling film and place in the fridge.
When you are ready to use the Guacamole pour off the water and give it a quick stir and you are ready to eat.
You can use this Guacamole as a side dish when you are serving a Chili Con Carne!