This Pumpkin Soup is easy to make and contains only fresh ingredients. You can swap out the heavy cream for coconut milk for a lighter Pumpkin Soup!
- April 17, 2020
- 30 min
- Print this
- 500gr pumpkin, in chunks without skin
- 3 tomatoes, in chunks
- 2 onions, in chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 100ml of heavy cream or coconut milk
- 800ml of chicken or vegetable stock
- Olive oil
- Step 1
- Add a glug of olive oil to a soup pan. Put the pumpkin, tomatoes, onions and garlic in the pan. Fry for about 5 minutes.
- Step 2
- Add the chicken or vegetable stock to the pan.
- Step 3
- Bring to the boil and turn down the heat. Let simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Step 4
- Get your immersion blender or masher and blend the soup to the consistency you like.
- Step 5
- At this point add the heavy cream or coconut milk and heat through for an additional 2 minutes.
- Step 6
- Serve in bowls and you are ready to eat.
Like this soup? Check out our other soup recipes!