This tomato basil pasta is easy and quick to make every day of the week. Only a few ingredients are needed to create a healthy dinner.
Pasta with Tomato Basil Sauce
- January 16, 2020
- 20 min
- Print this
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- Large handful of basil
- 800gr canned whole tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 400gr penne pasta
- Pepper and salt
- Optional: parmesan cheese
- Step 1
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic and fry for about 1 min.
- Step 2
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Step 3
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Don’t forget to save some cooking water when draining the pasta.
- Step 4
- Set some good looking basil leaves aside for garnishing and tear up the rest of the basil. Turn off the heat and stir the basil through the sauce.
- Step 5
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce and when necessary loosen up with some reserved pasta water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 6
- Plate the pasta and garnish with the reserved basil leaves. Optionally grate over some parmesan cheese.
If you like this recipe you might also like our recipe for a spicy Arrabiata pasta.
When you have made this recipe, please leave a comment and tell us if you liked the recipe.