This Red Wine Risotto with Chorizo is something different from the classic risotto with white wine. The method is almost the same but the flavor is very different.
Red Wine Risotto with Chorizo
- March 9, 2020
- 40 min
- Print this
- 1.2 litres chicken stock
- 400gr canned whole tomatoes
- 100 gr chorizo, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 400gr risotto rice
- 2 glasses red wine
- 100gr parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- Optional: 10gr fresh parsley
- Step 1
- Heat the stock in a saucepan together with the canned tomatoes.
- Step 2
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a separate pan on medium heat. Throw in the chorizo and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Step 3
- Add the risotto rice and keep stirring. After about a minute the rice will look a little translucent, at this point, add the wine.
- Step 4
- When the wine has cooked down add your first ladle of hot chicken stock and turn down the heat to low. Keep adding ladles of stock and keep stirring the risotto. Add a ladleful every time the previous ladleful has cooked out.
- Step 5
- After 20 minutes, the risotto should be cooked. Taste the rice to see whether it is cooked through. It could be that some stock is leftover but this depends on the type of rice you use.
- Step 6
- When it is cooked through, turn off the heat, add the parmesan and a tablespoon of olive oil and stir through.
- Step 7
- Put the lid on the pan and leave for 2 minutes, this will make your risotto even creamier.
- Step 8
- Serve the risotto with optionally some fresh parsley leaves and a grating of parmesan.