These shortbread cookies (Zandkoekjes) are perfect for a high tea. They are quick and easy to make and only require some basic pantry ingredients.
- March 5, 2020
- 35 min
- Print this
- 250gr flour
- 20gr vanilla sugar
- 120gr white caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 125gr unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 180℃/356°F. Prepare an oven tray by covering it with baking paper.
- Step 2
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Step 3
- Add the egg together with the butter and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Step 4
- Roll out the dough till it is about 1 centimeter thick.
- Step 5
- Punch out the cookies with a cookie cutter or with a glass if you don’t have a cookie cutter. This recipe will yield about 20 cookies.
- Step 6
- Place the cookies in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes and you will be greeted by a perfect cookie.
Want to bake something else? Try our perfect recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies!