This Thai red curry noodle soup brings you straight to Thailand. Thai food has a flavor of its own and by adding the red curry paste you get that flavor right into this dish.
Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
- February 3, 2020
- 45 min
- Print this
- 400gr chicken thigh, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 50gr red curry paste
- Thumb size piece of ginger, grated
- 1.5L chicken stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- 500gr rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 10gr brown sugar
- 5 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 lime
- Olive oil
- Step 1
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pan over medium heat. Add chicken to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown for about 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Step 2
- Add a little extra olive to the pan and add the garlic, onion, ginger and bell pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes until nice and soft.
- Step 3
- Stir in the red curry paste.
- Step 4
- After about 1 minute when the curry paste is nice and fragrant. Add the chicken stock and the coconut milk.
- Step 5
- Bring this to a boil, stirring occasionally. When it boils, add the chicken and turn down the heat. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Step 6
- While the soup is simmering, heat another pan with salted water.
- Step 7
- Cook the noodles in the salted water according to the package instructions and divide over the serving bowl.
- Step 8
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the fish sauce, brown sugar, green onions, and lime juice. Season with fish sauce and pepper to taste
- Step 9
- Ladle in the soup over the noodles and optionally serve some lime wedges with the soup.
Want to try another amazing Asian soup? What about our spicy Asian Chicken Soup?